The Orchestra now seeks an Artistic Adviser, with specific expertise in the field of orchestral classical music programming, who will collaborate with its artistic committee and wider team to curate and/or programme exciting and engaging concerts for its Irish and international audiences.
The ICO is Orchestra in Residence at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance and has its own custom build studio on the University of Limerick campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically devise and curate ICO concert seasons and programmes, enabling a breadth of access to its music.
- Liaise with a diverse range of artists/artistic partners on programming to reflect ICO’s unique signature sound.
- Liaise with Orchestra members and ICO staff to deliver on its artistic mission.
- Nurture ICO’s existing audiences and further develop ICO’s audience base.
- Develop and grow existing and international connections.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience with established relationships in the Irish Arts sector.
- Excellent knowledge of orchestral chamber music repertoire, conductors and soloists.
- A demonstrable track record in orchestral classical music programming, curating creative, exciting and engaging concerts, tours and/or festivals.
- An understanding of the ICO and its values, its artistic policy and its education and outreach mission.
- An ability to work with ICO’s Artistic Partners, Leader, CEO, Staff and Orchestra members.
- A holistic and creative approach that will engage more people with the ICO.
- Experience and knowledge of touring within Ireland and an ability to work with artists/ artistic partners to co-create appealing programmes for Irish audiences.
- Proven experience of commissioning new work.
- An established network of international contacts and a track record of programming internationally.
An appropriate remuneration package for this part-time role will be negotiated with the suitable candidate.
The closing date for applications is July 15th 2022 and interviews will be held in Limerick mid-August.
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Gerard Keenan, Chief Executive,
Irish Chamber Orchestra, ICO Studio, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
The ICO is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to selection on merit welcoming applicants from all sections of the community.